January 26, 2010

"Wah-Wah" Worthy Reality TV

Another weekend, another line up of videos.

Dance India Dance

Before I do this past weekends, there's one I forgot to post from last weekend that I think deserves a nod. Kruti Mahesh's performance in the "Dance ki Kasowti." Firstly, I think she's a strong contender to make it near, if not to, the finals. One of those "slowly but surely" situations. Secondly, a dance to a shayari/kavita fused with "Albela" from HDDCS what. a. concept. Terrance was right, there is no one but Kruti who would do justice to the performance. I adore this:



Onto this week. I really really liked almost every dance barring a few so I'm having a really hard time picking which ones I loved the most. First choice is obvious, our lady-love Shakti, who performed a hat trick and got a Grand Salute from Mithun for the third consecutive week. Something similar happened to Salman (last year's winner) then he had a dip, but came out a winner. Anyway the Shakti-Kunwar duo performed to "Aankhon ki Gustakhiyan" from HDDCS. Props to Terrance, he reinvents played out songs with his innovative choreography/themes. First Khuda Jaane and now this song.



Next performance is Binny's from Dance ki Kasowti. I'm going to secretly admit I didn't like her in the tryout rounds, but she's really proved herself through her performances once the actual show began. This act, in particular, won my respect for her. Whenever she's using the metal contraption (that moves beyond her control) there isn't a trace of trepidation to be seen on her face. Seee for yourself. Binny dancing to O Re Piya from Aaja Nachle:



Next is a typical Dharmesh act a.k.a amazing no words to be said, but I will say that I'm ready to see something new from him. I realize I'm probably going to be taken to the gallows for that comment. Don't get me wrong I REALLY REALLY enjoy his performances and he is, undoubtedly, one of the bests in his forte', but for the sake of versatility I would love to see something else. I don't doubt he could do it. Anyway here's his dance to "Churake Dil Mera" from Main Khiladi Tu Anari:



Laaastly, is another "slowly but surely" type: Parvez Rehmani. What a talented guy. His performance to "Beete Lamhe" from The Train was a completely different genre from his previous hip-hop performance to "Pag Ghungroo" I can't wait to see what he does next, until then watch this:



Music Ka Maha Muqabla

First up we've got the talented (and winner of Star Voice of India- chote Ustaads) Aishwarya Majmudar singing "Laga Chunari Mein Daag" it's really refreshing to hear it in a female voice. No embedding allowed so click here to watch :)

Next fave video was Sharib Sabri's performance to, his own creation, O Soniyo from Raaz 2. I can't get the entire video because the MKMM account uploads the episode, not by performances, but by time limit. Grr. So here's the second half of his preformance. You can still get a feel for why it was so amazing. I felt like "jhooming" while listening to this:



...until next week!

1 comment:

  1. Kruti was indeed amazing...she deserved to stay on...I'm still hating on Saajan and the fact that he is still in...stupid Janta...but glad they voted Shakti the highest 3 weeks in a row!

    Hehe, DHarmesh sir's Churaake Dil Mera...how nostalgic...

    I don't know why...I like Anwesha better than Aishwarya...I think Aishwarya is kind of annoying....and I love Sharib...I hate their cousin...who really doesn't know how to groom himself lol...

    ReplyDelete