November 15, 2009

Promos, Trailers and Friends


Paa starring Jr. B, Daddy B, Vidya Balan and Paresh Rawal, directed by R Balakrishnan (think 'Cheeni Kum') produced by Sunil Manchanda, music by Illayraja and lyrics by Swanand Kirkire.

Yeah, I'm wondering where the flaw in that cast & crew is too (granted I'm not a Big B fan, but the man can act).

Abhishek Bachchan plays the father of Auro (Amitabh Bachchan) who suffers from Progeria aka Hutchinson–Gilford syndrome (my BFF Wikipedia tells me it's "...an extremely rare, severe, genetic condition wherein symptoms resembling aspects of aging are manifested at an early age..."). I'm not going to go into more detail. Here's a trailer for the film:


I know, right? I can't believe that's Amitabh either! I seriously seriously commend Christian Kifle and Dominic (of LOTR fame) for their make up job. The scene at the end where Jr. B is carrying Daddy B is quickly becoming iconic. I also like the scene where Vidya Balan (whose character in the film is her namesake) and Amitabh are jumping in the puddles. She's so ideal for these 'rustic' films ie: Parineeta and Guru. Also, before everyone is quick to jump and say that this is inspired by Benjamin Button or Jack the director himself said " Let me tell you that Paa is neither. First, Jack is a bad movie and you don’t ever want to make a bad film. Secondly, if I really want to spend so much money on a bad movie, I’d rather buy its DVD. As for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button , the only similarity is in the look of the characters and that too only in the shape of their heads." he also goes on to say that there are "ten other films" on Progeria and his focuses on the relationship between a father and a son.

The movie is slated to release December 4 and the music release for November 15 (today). A big music release was planned for Children's Day (November 14) but music maestro Illayraja couldn't be torn away from his work. Man, I love that man. What kind of genius do you have to be in order to be A. R. Rehman's mentor? Seriously. So now the music is going to release without any hullabaloo. Anyway, I'll leave you with this song promo, Mudi Mudi:


Fun fact for the post: It's been reported that Amitabh won't be attending any of the promo events, but his voice will be present in the form of 'Auro', his character. I find it kind of creepy? Maybe it'll set the mood up and make Auro more believable.

5 comments:

  1. wow this movie looks really interesting and i really can't wait to watch it! when i first heard about this movie i was like, NO WAY :O how is that going to work out? but now i get it and it looks pretty good! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this post was Benjamin Button...hmm let's watch and find out...seems interesting...I like the song...cute....and yeah awesome job on the make up...it's pretty crazy...and its so weird and awkward to subconsciously know that Big B's and Small B's roles are reveresed while watching...anyways...great post..

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm temporarily able to dissociate the (geriatric) child from Big B, my heart actually warms. I look forward to this undoubtedly feel-good fillum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaa, the only reason I'd watch this is because of Vidya Balan..she is, for the lack of something less fobbish, laajawaab

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched it and Amitabh has done a fantastic job! Totally Loved the movie and Vidya Balan has done an amazing work as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete