March 30, 2010

Trailers, Promos and Friends

TRAILERS

FINALLY! The much much awaited and talked about KITES trailer has dropped. The film stars Hrithik Roshan, Barbara Mori, and Kangana Ranaut. It's directed by Anurag Basu and produced by daddy-dearest, Rakesh Roshan. The chemistry between Hrithik and Barbara is supposed to be incredibly hot. So hot that there were rumors of an alleged affair, but those died when wifey Sussanne Roshan claimed her and Barbara were friends. The dancing in this is supposed to be spectacular and I don't doubt it. It looks action packed, thrilling and passionate. Here's the theatrical trailer, you judge for yourself.



Next up is a promo for BADMASH COMPANY, the Shahid-Anushka starrer I talked about earlier.



This looks like Bunty aur Babli meets Dhoom, but honestly I don't mind. I'm loving the cast. Seeing Shahid-Anushka on screen is sooo refreshing. Nice, adorable, young and promising faces. AND IS THAT MEIYANG CHANG FROM INDIAN IDOL?? Oh, but it is. How did that even happen? I don't know nor do I care. I'm just glad to see him on screen again. (Btw, if you're wondering how/why there is a Chinese man who can speak Hindi so well don't be alarmed. He was born and raised in India. His family has been living in India for three generations. He's more Indian than I am American. Weird.) Also, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for a good dance number... but all I sense are annoying club bangers... that are catchy and I grow to love and hate. P.S. this film is directed by Parmeet Sethi. Parm-who? "Kuljeet" from DDLJ, "Raj Malhotra" (the boss) from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. He's also Archana Puran Singh's husband. Archana Puran Singh = "Ms. Borganza" from KKHH and "Preeto" from Mohabbatein.


...AND FRIENDS

So I made a mistake in one of my previous posts. Arjun Rampal IS in Ra.One. How exciting!

Other upcoming films are BREAK KE BAAD which stars Deepika Padukone and Imran Khan. I haven't decided what it is about the two of them that's similar, but they are similar and I hope good things happen for them with this film.

1 comment:

  1. Damn Hritik and Barbara are so hot together...love it...oh man...i love the ending..makes me wanna watch it all the more...and how come I didn't see Kangana in the trailer...I'm excited for her presence as well...she's an amazing actress

    Wow, I'm excited for Badmaash Company too..looks fun-packed...it does remind me of a modern Bunty and Bubli...And aahhhh Meiyang Chang...is awesome...I'm excited for his debut!

    I did not know Parmeet was married to Archana...how does he bardaash her hyena laugh? LOL...Just keeding...she's funny...

    ReplyDelete