December 7, 2009

Forthcoming Films

So, this completely slipped my mind in my past 'Forthcoming Films' posts.

ANJAANA ANJAANI starring Priyanka Chopra and Ranbir Kapoor (definitely just wrote 'Priyanka Kapoor and Ranbir Chopra' it was awkward, but don't those names flow?, directed by Siddharth Anand of Salaam Namaste/Ta Ra Rum Pum/Bachna Ae Haseeno fame and produced by Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.. Judging from his previously directed movies I guess it's safe to assume this is going to be another young, life as an 'NRI' flick. The only difference with this film compared to his previous ones is that it's under a different production camp, but what a difference that's made. When I think of his three previous movies I automatically imagine the title to be in bright yellow/blue/white colors (am I alone on that?), and the leading duo dressed in flamboyantly colored yet trendy clothes. I'm really digging this sleek monochromatic mature-clothing look. It really speaks volumes about the film.

The film is slated to release October 1, 2010. Hoo-wee. They just started shooting for it, so makes sense. Priyanka Chopra just recently returned from a shooting schedule in Bangkok for the film (Shahid Kapoor was also there for another film. They supposedly had din din... maybe for closure's sake). I have high hopes for this Priyanka-Ranbir jodi.

[photo source: HHC]

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...seems like a good one...you're so right about the whole color scheme usually for his movies...so BRIGHT lol...I like the darks this time...seems like it's gonna be an elegant movie =)...I am excited as well =)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O IM
    SO EXCITED for this one ! :D
    cuz PRIYANKA's in it! & RANVIR!
    he's so cute! :) & your so right
    about the colours.. it is usually
    bright or something like tht :p
    but omg this post made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete