January 7, 2010

Musical Madness

Music for MY NAME IS KHAN released in India today! I am eagerly eagerly anticipating to listen to it. After hearing a clip in the Sajda promo, I think we may have a potential love affair in the making. Anyway, here's the incredibly promising audio list:

The music is directed by Shankar Ehsaan Loy and lyrics by Niranjan Iyengar who's better known for writing dialogues.

1)Allah Hi Rahem
Singers: Ustad Rashid Khan

2)Khan Theme

3)Noor E Khuda
Singers: Adnan Sami, Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal

4)Rang De
Singers: Shankar Mahadevan, Suraj Jagan

5)Sajda
Singers: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Shankar Mahadevan, Richa Sharma

6)Tere Naina
Singers: Shafqat Amanat Ali

Also, my verdict on VEER is a good one. I wasn't disappointed by the tracks at all. I like the songs in this order:

1) Kanha - A sultry Rekha Bhardwaj thumri... there's no going wrong. I just really, really love this style of music.

2) Salaam Aaya - A playful romantic number that hits all the right chords (pun intended).

3) Taali- Chorus version - Sukhwinder Singh's fierce voice is matched with a lot of percussion. This could have potentially been number two, but the song gets a little too repetitive.

4) Surili Ahkiyon Duet - I hate to see a Rahat number so far down on my list! All the other songs are just that good and this number doesn't sound all that different from his other tracks, but it's still lovely and I really like the lyrics.

5) Meherbaniyaan - This song I was disappointed with. I was hoping to hear some magic from Sonu Nigam, though he didn't let down with his singing (does he ever?). This song just hits me the wrong way and sounds out of place with the rest of tracks. I think it's supposed to be an upbeat old Western piece, but I'm personally not feeling it but again Sonu Nigam's singing is commendable.

Overall the songs are good the first time around but really grow on you. The only ones I instantly loved were Kanha and Salaam Aaya.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah my order is
    Kanha
    Salaam Aaya
    surili ankhiyoun wali
    taali
    meherbaaniyaan (I initially didn't like it at all but I listened to it again now and I guess it's all right)

    And now I am gonna listen to MNK soundtrack and download the songgggssss wooohooooooo (I LOVE FMW11!!!!!)

    I am absolutely in love with Shafqat Amanat Ali...so I am excited for his track actually I'm excited for all of the songs, awesome singers!!!

    ReplyDelete