November 14, 2009

R.I.P Simple Kapadia

Simple Kapadia, best known as Dimple Kapadia's younger (a lot of places claim older? Oh, Wikipedia...) sister and National Award winner for Costume Design in big sister's 'Rudaali' passed away on November 10th after three years of battling cancer. Simple's first claim to fame was in the film, Anurodh, directed by Shakti Samanta (a favorite of mine, who also passed away this year) starring opposite her brother-in-law, Rajesh Khanna. Well... I'm sure you know how the Indian audience handled that one. She found success in costume designing and, as mentioned above, won a National Award for it.


A "prayer meeting" (a euphemism for funeral?) was recently held and our favorite stars were there to pay their respects. Which is really very kind, but I'm kind of surprised by some of the stars who came out... only because they don't really seem to have any link to the Kapadias of course who am I to decide. It must be a film-fraternity thing. Here's a list of some of the attendees: Aishwarya Rai, Priyanka Chopra, Juhi Chawla, Malaika and Arbaz Khan, Gayatri Joshi, Shweta Bachchan, Suzanne and Hrithik Roshan and obviously Akshay, Twinkle, Rinke and Dimple.


Btw, Hrithik was on his phone at some point and I was eerily reminded of that scene from 'Page 3' and felt sad, unless this wasn't a funeral... I'm still confused.

[Photo credits: Pink Villa]

1 comment:

  1. Nidz, I'm ashamed to admit it, but I get the Page 3 reference and it IS kind of disheartening..poor Simple, RIP

    -Bilal

    ReplyDelete