November 14, 2009

Weekend Releases


Tum Mile starring Soha Ali Khan [yay] and Emraan Hashmi [nay] supposedly opened to full houses this weekend. What? How? I mean, the cast isn't considered all-star and the story wasn't anything too gripping. I seemed to miss the usual shameless promoting that goes on prior to the release, so why the full houses?

Anyhow, I try to refrain from reviews in fear that the movie will be spoiled for me, but judging from the 'vibe' I'm getting everywhere (by 'everywhere' I mean the worldwide web) it's not doing that well. Not only that, but Producer Saab, Mahesh Bhatt, had four consecutive tweets bashing 'film reviewers.' I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that he's mad at them 'cause of their reviews. Just puttin' two and two together here...


I don't even waaaant to talk about this. Seriously. But for the sake of thoroughness, I guess I will. Aao Wish Karein starring Aftab Shivdasani and Aamna Shariff. First and foremost everytime I read this title I can't help but sing it to the tune of "Aao Twist Karein" am I alone? Secondly, Aftab-Aamna duo didn't work the first time around (Aloo Chaat) why would it a second? Also, it falls under the "fantasy" genre wish is something India seriously needs to work on (barring Aladin) and the only way to do so is with a strong cast and crew which this movie lacks. Lastly, I am totally convinced this screenplay was inspired by Abhijeet's "Chalne Lagi Hai Hawaiyen" video which stars the one and only... Aamna Shariff. Was all this her doing? Kidding (kind of). Here's the video if you haven't seen it:


Btw, let it be known that I'm a big supporter of stars who make the jump from small to big screen so let's cross our fingers and hope the Balaji-Baby gets out of this Aftab-rut.

Oh, 2012 released this weekend in India and is doing the best. Surprise.

[Photo credits: Bollywood Hungama, Sulekha.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment